1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 can of whole milk (I use the same as the condensed milk)
¾ cup of sugar
A metallic recipient with lid (like a cookie can)
1. Pour the condensed milk in a bowl
2. Then fill the same can with whole milk
3. Add it to the condensed milk, add the eggs and mix it (with a whisk, blender, mini pinner, etc) very well.
4. Leave it aside.
5. For the caramel, in a small pot place the sugar over low heat.
6. Leave it until it starts melting. It will make some crumbs in some point but at the end it will be liquid.
7. When it is completely melted, immediately pour it in the metallic recipient.
8. Spread it all over the recipient, on the sides too. Be careful because it is very hot.
9. Once it’s done, pour the mixture over the milk and eggs mix
10. Cover it with the lid.
11. Now place it in a big pot with a little of water. Make sure the water doesn’t cover more than ¼ of the height of the recipient (not the pot).
12. Cover the pot and bring it to a simmer over low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour. You don’t need to check out the quesillo while is cooking but just keep an eye on the level of water.
13. When time is up, just wait until it’s warm, uncover it and place a plate instead of the lid and turn it over to unmold it.